If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J.R.R Tolkien

18 January 2011

My SuperGreen Smoothie

 As I was sitting at the hairdresser today, I got through quite a few women's magazines. I saw an article about smoothies in one of them and there was an idea about combining avocado, kiwi and yoghurt. Here's my version of that!
My SuperGreen Smoothie
Makes around 2 large glasses
1 Avocado
2 Kiwis
1 Lime
Cucumber
Spinach
Basil
1 dl Apple juice
1 dl Organic Turkish yoghurt
Sesame seeds

Blitz in a blender until smooth. I do mine with a stick blender, to make a nice froth bring the blender to the surface so air mixes in the drink. Does that make any sense? I got the idea from how the froth in cappucino is made, and that's how they get that fluffy texture to soups in professional kitchens. Just a little tip from me to you! This was an ideal afternoon snack so I had energy to go for a long walk after my day at uni (and the hairdresser). And it makes you feel super healthy and hippie!

MMmmmmmmmmm 

No comments:

Post a Comment