If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J.R.R Tolkien

13 August 2012

High, higher, dinner in the sky!


  What an experience! Today we had lunch in 45 metres in the air by Dinner in the sky. As a person who is slightly scared of heights it felt like I was facing my fears. I'd never do a bungee jump or sky dive, no, I need food to lure me to the skies. It worked!
 Dinner in the sky is in Helsinki at Rautatientori for this week only, so go if you can (and are not too scared!) It was definately worth it.
 The table is being set.

 "My only regret in life is that I didn't drink enough Champagne"
John Maynard Keynes

 One of the chef's greeted us once we got up.

 Beef tartar
 Salmon tartar for me
 Cheers! At this point I was still very uncomfortable and couldn't really look down or turn on my chair. After a few sips of Champagne it got a lot more relaxing though.







 Main course of slow cooked monkfish, chanterelles and artichoke purée.

 Dessert of Oolong tea mousse, tomatoes and berries. Not our favourite, but certainly something different.

It was fun, but I was rather happy to get back to street level!

1 comment:

  1. I get already panic when I just think about this. :D But it´s for sure an interesting experience, once you put yourself together to get up there!

    ReplyDelete