If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J.R.R Tolkien

30 November 2011

Getting in the Christmas mood...


I think I have always been a Christmas person. I love making my own Christmas cards, I actually enjoy Christmas shopping, the songs make me sentimental and I love the food. And there must be fairylights and candles out at least a month before, especially now when there is no snow to brighten the terrible kaamos days. 

So Christmas has arrived to our home in these past two days with a star in the window, a little decoration here and there, bowls of candy (must have Quality Street and Fazer green marmelades) and gingerbread. What I love about Finland is that you can buy the gingerbread dough frozen, supereasy! (I once nearly broke a food processor making my own dough in England. There was smoke coming out of it...) Glögi(Finnish mulled wine) we started drinking already in September. 

I took some photos today that I am planning on getting printed and making my cards with this year. Hope you like! 





Just over three weeks until Christmas!!!
(Can't wait to see my family)

No comments:

Post a Comment