If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J.R.R Tolkien

22 February 2011

Today I made A Pretty Good Omelette (whatever the French may say)

So, not so much cooking has been happening recently. Seems like it is not my top priority when my days are full of stuff to do... but it will come back, and I'm happy to accept that. The main point is to enjoy fully the things you have time to do.

This morning I was studying food culture of Provence in France, and then it became my top priority to cook a tasty brunch for us, instead of writing an essay. So I decided on an omelette. Cooking an omelette for a chef is scary, but I think it came out pretty good even if I say so myself. The trick is to cook it just for the right time so that the inside is still a little runny. Traditionally the outside should have no colour, but mine wasn't really traditional, with lots of filling as well ; red pepper, rocket and pecorino cheese, with a little pesto, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment