Suolaa & hunajaa . I have made it twice, for my other half's birthday (/our engagement party) and for my sister-in-law's birthday. Same cake, different fillings. Many of the pics on this post were taken by Kate, thank you!!
Death by chocolate cake
200g good quality dark chocolate
6 eggs (separate whites and yolks)
2 dl caster sugar
120g almond flour
0,5 dl flour
1. Melt the chocolate and butter over boiling water.
2. Whip egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Whip the egg whites separately into a firm foam.
3. Add the melted chocolate-butter into the egg yolks.
4. Add flour and almond flour.
5. Gently mix in the egg whites.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes in 180 degrees celsius. The time depends on the oven, just be careful not to overcook to avoid the cake from being too dry.
7. Allow to cool before filling.
The original recipe had a chocolate mousse filling but I thought that would have been a bit too much, because the cake is also iced with chocolate. I made a fresh lemony filling instead.
1/2 jar of Lemon curd
1 tub of mascarpone
1. Mix the lemon curd with the mascarpone until smooth. Taste and and add lemon curd to desired amount. I prefer plenty of lemon! Next time I would like to make my own lemon curd so I could make it more sour.
2. Cut the sponge and fill. Moistening the sponge first with juice or booze optional. I think I splashed some Coientreau on it...
180g dark chocolate
1,5 dl cream
1. Melt the chocolate over boiling water.
2. Bring the cream to boil.
3. Mix the cream to the chocolate until smooth.
4. Spread on the cake and allow to set. Decorate to taste. I had candied violet petals that we found in a little epicerie in Paris, as well as chocolates.
The other version had lemon quark as the filling and groundcherries on top.
|Idiotic "I made a cake" grin!|
|Can I have some cake please? with puppy eyes|