Creme Ninon is so easy to make and tastes so good, great light starter for a nice dinner. My recipe goes something like this:
2 small bags of frozen peas (can use fresh when they're in season but frozen are always good)
1 onion, chopped
Olive oil, 2 tbsp
1 herby veg stock cube
Water, enough to cover the peas
Plenty of fresh mint leaves
Cream, 1dl, whipped but not too much
Champagne (I used Cremant d'Alsace) , 1dl
1. Sautee the onion in the olive oil in a saucepan until translucent.
2. Add the peas, veg stock cube and the water. Bring to boil and let simmer for a couple of minutes, don't overcook the peas.
3. Add the mint leaves and blitz with a stick blender. Pass through a sieve to make it very smooth.
4. Serve the soup on bowl, add a dollop of cream in the middle and pour a small amount of Champagne around it.
5. Enjoy with some more Champagne. Oh la la!